DetailsEnroll for course
Scratch is a great language recommended for beginners in coding. It allows you to create animated and interactive stories, games, and movies. Topics covered of this class will teach students the introduction of Scratch, the fundamentals up to creating their own animations.
Students will have fun learning creating their own movie with an easy language to learn – SCRATCH! This class is an interactive activity which will be done online. Students will be learning from the comfort of their own home!
· Definition of Moviemaking
· Importance of coding for Movie Making
· Step by step procedure to build a movie
III. BREAKDOWN OF TOPICS
· Fundamentals of Scratch
· Creating simple animations
· Teaching building blocks
· Teaching the logic behind scripts
· Demonstrating rock, paper, scissor games
· Demonstrating guessing game
· Associating Sounds with a character
· Play Sound
· Play Drums Part I
· Play Drums Part II
· Play Note and Play Instruments Part I
· Play Note and Play Instruments Part II
· Creating a Guessing game
· Create rock, paper, scissor games
· Making Animated Movie 1
· Making Animated Movie 2
· Making Animated Movie 3
· Making Animated Movie 4
Note: "This course outline is a general guideline, we go by the pace of the group, when it comes to coding and creativity students have to get the hang of it."
IV: CLASS STRUCTURE
· We group them by their skills and ages
· We go by the group's pace - Not so fast and slow - Adequate level
V. TEACHING STYLE
· Make kids understand that coding is FUN, not a subject to worry about scores and grades too much
· Make them understanding applications of coding to create interest - Not to "just learn" something
· We also help them understand coding pathway if they meet the challenges presented
· Homework will be provided
Highly interactive. Students can interact with Instructor just like in the classroom. Instructors are trained to control the class and keep the noise levels to low. We use Power points and some of the exercises from Nexclap (our own product developed for students). Participants are able to join the class from their homes and interact with us in real-time, it is a fun and engaging experience.
ONLINE – Students will be having fun learning movie making with scratch at the comfort of their home. Zoom link will be provided
NOTE: Day and Time can be changed based on the student's knowledge and skills.