Social Media: How To Stay Away From It?
Social media! This is one of the frequently used terms in today's World of busy bees.
Can we use Social media to connect with people?
The answer is yes, of course, we can, not with the people who are tight to us but with the distant ones. It's a great platform to notice what's happening in today's world. But, because of this, the people are much more interested in knowing about others' lives by keeping their own lives far away. Not only to connect with people but also beneficial to gain knowledge. Besides having many benefits, the flaws overcome these. Social media is a great platform to bloom or fade. It has many things that include positive and negative to which people get attracted and may ruin their lives. As we all know, The human brain has a natural tendency to give weight to negative experiences or interactions more than positive ones. In this article, I will discuss a few tips that you out of social media.
Is there any use of social media?
Some people use social media to connect with people or collect information about their work and improve themselves. And most of us use social media to relieve tension and in our free time for entertainment purposes, or we all make ourselves available to use it.
- If you find some free time, use it to interact with your family, tell them what's going on in your life, and take their suggestions if you need them.
- Invest your time in developing your skills and building your career.
- Develop your inner strength first. Take the time to get to know yourself better, understand your aspirations, and work on them.
- Engage yourself in work so that there is no time for you to use social media.
- Discover your talents and find what you are good at.
- Talk to yourself in the mirror and question whether you are on the correct road map to achieve your dreams or something you need to do.
- If you don't have any work and are free, spend that time visiting new places.
- List your specialties and adopt any of them to follow daily instead of using social media.
You may have one question in mind,
Can I avoid it and do all the things that are mentioned above?
Yes, Definitely. By following the below guidelines, I think most of us can.
- Try to adopt all of the above-discussed things, but before these, we are all addicted to social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Even if we follow all of the above, when we get notifications from these applications, we will automatically get distracted because we are enthusiastic. Firstly, to avoid them, turn off all the messages and uninstall all the applications that you don't need.
- Whenen there's some urgency to open any social media on your laptop but not on your mobile phone because we feel more comfortable with our phones than laptops and use them for hours and hours.
- Limit your screen time, manage your notifications, and turn on your bedtime mode.
- In applications like Instagram, you have options to set a time limit and get notified when you cross it.
I hope all of these strategies help us to avoid using social media.