What is PyScript?
Most of us yet don’t know what is this PyScript as it have been came into existence recently .
So, by this blog you can have a clear picture of what is it actually.
In the recent Keynote speech at PyCon US 2022, Anaconda’s CEO Peter Wang unveiled quite a surprising project which is a PyScript
PyScript is dependent on Pyodide which is a python distribution for the browser and Node.js based n WebAssembly
What’s so great about PyScript?
· Python in the browser: It enables drop-in content, external file and application hosting, without the reliance on server-side configuration.
· Python Ecosystem: We can run popular python packages and the scientific stack.
· Environment Management: It allows users to define what packages and files to include for the page code to run.
· Visual application development: We can use readily available curated UI components, such as buttons, containers, text boxes, and more.
· Flexible framework: It provides a flexible framework that can be leveraged to create and share new pluggable and extensible components directly in python.
How does it work?
All you have to do is add a py-script dependency in HTML file. Then implement the following in your HTML code.
1) <py-script>: The main PyScript element.Add your python code that is executable within the web page here.The element itself will not be rendered to the page.
And we can use the <py-repl> this is a REPL that can be used to run python code.
2) Github: PyScript is currently in the starting stage here. It is not ready for use. You can find the source code on Github.
Written by P. Grace Sumanjali, a Siliconvalley4u's student